Latest Stable Version: 2.0.19 (11/30/2008)
gFTP is a free multithreaded file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It has the following features:
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License Agreement
- Written in C and has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x interface
- Supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols
- FTP and HTTP proxy server support
- Supports FXP file transfers (transferring files between 2 remote servers via FTP)
- Supports UNIX, EPLF, Novell, MacOS, VMS, MVS and NT (DOS) style directory listings
- Bookmarks menu to allow you to quickly connect to remote sites
- Fully Internationalized. The following translations of gFTP that are available: Albanian (sq), Amharic (am), Arabic (ar), Azerbaijan (az), Bangla (bn), Belarusian (be), Bulgarian (bg), Catalan (ca), Chinese (zh_CN,zh_HK,zh_TW), Croatian (hr), Czech (cs), Danish (da), Dutch (nl), Dzongkha (dz), English (en_CA, en_GB, en_US), Finnish (fi), French (fr), Galician (gl), German (de), Greek (el), Gujarati (gu), Hebrew (he), Hungarian (hu), Irish (ga), Italian (it), Kinyarwanda (rw), Korean (ko), Japanese (ja), Latvian (lv), Lithuanian (lt), Macedonian (mk), Malayalam (ml), Malay (ms), Nepali (ne), Norwegian (no), Norwegian bokmål (nb), Occitan (oc), Polish (pl), Portuguese (pt,pt_BR), Punjabi (pa), Romanian (ro), Russian (ru), Serbian (sr,sr@Latn), Slovak (sk), Spanish (es), Swedish (sv), Tamil (ta), Thai (th), Turkish (tr) and Ukrainian (uk) translations available.
If you run into any problems compiling or using gFTP, please feel free to
email me. The only thing that I ask is that you read the FAQ before you ask any questions. Most of the questions that I get asked are answered there. For MD5 sum checks of these files, you can view them here
- Most Linux distributions already include gFTP
- DEB-based distributions: sudo apt-get install gftp
- RPM-based distributions: sudo yum install gftp
- gftp-2.0.19.tar.bz2 - Stable Source (bzip2) [1647 KB]
- gftp-2.0.19.tar.gz - Stable Source (gzip) [2628 KB]
- gftp-announce - this list is announcements related to gFTP. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words subscribe gftp-announce in the body.
- gftp-users - this list is for questions regarding gFTP. Please check the list archives first to see if your question has already been answered. To subscribe, send an email to email@example.com with the words subscribe gftp-users in the body. Please file all bug reports in GNOME's Bugzilla.
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them using GNOME's Bugzilla. Please check the current list of known bugs before reporting a new bug. Please refrain from emailing bugs directly to me or through the gftp-users mailinglist. It is easier for me if they are reported through Bugzilla.
Brian Masney firstname.lastname@example.org
Danville, PA USA
My photos on Flickr